TJM Sunshine Coast Adventure Weekend November 2015
After the continue success of our Drive Weekends we are back on again just before the silly season begins!
Our fun weekends are now called ‘Adventure Weekends’ to really capture what the events are about and to accommodate all of our club members. Our Adventure Weekends are all about having fun, being social, enjoying a drive if you wish or just sit back and relax and enjoy your weekend away!
So the next TJM Sunshine Coast Adventure Weekend is on this November! We are trying a beach destination fun filled weekend after popular requests!
All the fun is on from Friday 13th to Sunday 15th of November, at Inskip Point, the mainland before you head over to Fraser Island just outside of Rainbow Beach township.
The TJM Sunshine Coast Adventure Weekends is an opportunity for like-minded 4WD enthusiasts and campers to get together, join in on some fun activities, meet new people, and get involved while safely exploring some beautiful spots.
The November Adventure Weekend has a fun filled schedule again!
Set up camp, sit back and relax, take a beach walk and enjoy the sunset at beautiful Inksip Point!
As we are heading up to the beach, we are going to hold our first fishing competition! So grab your rods and bait and get into the fishing fun! You never know you might just catch some fish and then you can enter that into the cooking competition too!
Some great prizes are up for grabs. There will be one category for adults and one category for children (under 16 years of age). There is not a category for not catching any fish!
Rules of the fishing competition:
- no boats!
- dart are not counted for the adult category! anyone can catch dart!
- can use any bait or rods, as long as it’s your own (or you have permission)!
- do dogs catching fish!
- no stealing someone else’s catch!
- has to be an actual fish to enter it into the competition! (therefore no crabs and the like!)
- no bought fish can be entered into the competition!
- has to be your fish you caught to enter it into the competition!
- children’s category – children must catch their own fish and be under 16 years of age
- the biggest or most fish wins (the judge will let us know on the day)
- you are very welcome to keep your catch!
- must be a legal size fish (all undersize fish must be returned humanly to the water)
- all Queensland fishing rules must be adhered to.
The fishing competition is all about having a bit of crazy fun – we can see some serious fishy business happening!! We will give you lots of time for you to catch your fish too!
We are getting some serious cooking competitors amongst us, so the cooking competition is on again! Yes more great prizes are up for grabs!
We have a repeat winner who has set the bar high, so who is up for a challenge and see if anyone can stop Colin’s winning streak!
Also after Hillary’s yummy deserts in the last two cooking competitions, we will now be running two categories – Main Meal and Desert categories – so there is now twice the chance to win!
We have a challenge set for everyone – like last time there will be some expert judging and some fantastic prizes up for grabs!
To ensure everyone gets to sample the dishes we are requesting everyone to enter the Cooking Competition, so don’t be shy – even the children are very welcome to get their master chef hats on!!
We will again combine all the meals amongst the group on Saturday night for an enjoyable communal dinner – so don’t miss out on sampling some delicacies, contact us today to enter the cooking competition or you might go hungry!!
Saturday / Sunday Drive
For those who wish to go for a beach drive we will organise a beach drive either on Saturday or Sunday, tides permitting. Don’t worry if it is on the Saturday we will give you heaps of time to catch your fish and cook up a storm! Please let us know if you are keen for a beach drive.
Weekend camping details
- Camping Friday & Saturday night at Inskip Point. Jeff and Leanne will be heading up during the week to claim our spot! Please let us know if you are coming so we can give you directions of the camp location.
- Please RSVP to TJM Sunshine Coast first, as numbers are limited.
- Please book your camping via the Queensland National Parks. Don’t forget to collet your camping permit for the weekend either online or at the rangers office at Rainbow Beach township. Please display your permit on your camp.
- If you plan to drive on the beach over the weekend, you will ALSO need to get a vehicle access (4WD) permit prior.
- Standard cost for camping is $5.95 per person per night.
- Long drop toilets are located around at Inskip Point. No showers available, bring your own if you wish.
- No drinking water is available, please ensure you bring your own/enough.
- Dogs are allowed at Inskip Point, please be aware of Queensland National Parks rules regarding dogs.
- TJM Sunshine Coast will be at Inskip Point from Friday.
Register your interest now to avoid disappointment, as numbers are limited to these events.
Registration is required to attend our TJM Sunshine Coast Drive Weekend, cooking competition, fishing competition and drive – please contact us today.
The team at TJM Sunshine Coast looks forward to catching up with everyone, thank you all for your support, and hope you have a great fun filled weekend!
- All adults will be required to sign a waiver form to undertake the 4WD beach drive (not just drivers, adult passengers also please) – this is a standard condition to participate in any of our drives/events.
- Children and dogs must be supervised at all times and please ensure obey Queensland National Park dog rules.
- Camping permits are required to camp at Inskip Point and are required to be purchase before you set up camp. Please ensure you display your permit on your camp for the whole weekend as the rangers do come around and check them regularly.
- Vehicle access (4WD) permits are required if you plan to drive on the beach at any stage. You do not need to get a vehicle permit if you are only camping and do not plan to take your vehicle on the beach.
- Road rules apply for all beach driving. Permits must be display as per Queensland National Parks rules.
- Photos and videos will be taken throughout the course of the weekend for our marketing purposes. Please let us know in advance if you do not wish to be featured. TJM Sunshine Coast does not sell photos or videos to third parties.
Scenic views on our last Drive Weekend!
TJM Sunshine Coast recent Drive Weekend drive.
TJM Sunshine Coast Adventure Weekend events are fun and social!
Expert judges Jeff and Leanne Hedges from TJM Sunshine Coast giving their tastebuds a buzz in the cooking competition!
Cook up a storm and win some great prizes in our cooking competition!