TJM Sunshine Coast Drive Weekend June 2015
PLEASE NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS NOW BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO WET WEATHER CONDITIONS.
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY AND TO ENSURE WE PROTECT OUR BEAUTIFUL NATIONAL PARKS WE HAVE DECIDED TO RESCHEDULE THE EVENT UNTIL LATER IN THE YEAR. FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED HERE AND ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. AN EMAIL HAS GONE OUT TO ALL OF THOSE WHO REGISTERED FOR THE EVENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
After the success of the last Drive Weekend back in February at Kenilworth, we have been inundated with enquiries about the next Drive Weekend – so here it is!
The TJM Sunshine Coast Drive Weekend is on from Friday 19th to Sunday 21st of June 2015 at Neurum Creek Bush Retreat.
The TJM Sunshine Coast Drive Weekends is an opportunity for like-minded 4WD enthusiasts and campers to get together, join in on some fun activities, meet new people, and get involved while safely exploring the beautiful countryside.
This Drive Weekend we are running a different schedule to ensure there is lots of relaxing and socialising time too!
We have decided to hold the main four wheel drive on the Saturday so we have more time to assist everyone to complete the full circuit which will be in the Mount Mee State Forest with a lot of new scenery including Rocky Hole, Somerset Lookout Falls, Lookout & Bluff Falls.
The track is easy to moderate with some great scenery and will take about 4 to 5 hours to complete so everyone should have no trouble completing the circuit.
The Saturday drive day will commence in the morning at approximately 9.30am. All participants are to meet at the main communal area on Saturday morning approx 9.00am for a pre trip briefing.
For the rest of the afternoon we will have time to relax, and there are heaps of activities for the children.
For all of the culinary experts this will give you plenty of time to prepare your mouthwatering masterpiece for the cooking competition.
Raffle tickets will be on sale on Saturday – so don’t miss out on your chance to win some great prizes!
After the delicious success of our last cooking competition, we are again holding an entertaining cooking competition on Saturday night!
Like last time there will be some expert judging and some fantastic prizes up for grabs!
Everyone got involved last time and we had an amazing turnout of gourmet meals for everyone!
To ensure everyone gets to sample the dishes we are requesting everyone to enter the Cooking Competition, so don’t be shy – even the children are very welcome to get their master chef hats on!!
We are again hoping to combine all meals amongst the group on Saturday night for an enjoyable communal dinner – so don’t miss out on sampling some delicacies, contact us today to enter the cooking competition or you might go hungry!!
Once again we will be holding a raffle to aid the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS). Thanks to the generosity of the participants of the last event we raised $420.00 plus another $80.00 donated by ourselves for this great cause so this time we are aiming for $500.00 plus there will again be some great prizes up for grabs!
Tickets will be $2.00 each, 3 for $5.00 or 7 for $10.00, with ALL proceeds going to the RFDS.
This is a great cause and we would appreciate your generous support. Tickets will be available on Saturday and the raffle will be drawn Saturday night after the cooking competition.
If you are not able to come along for the weekend however would love to go in the raffle, please drop into our shop to grab your raffle tickets!
This time Sunday morning will be a chance for everyone to relax, socialize, swap recipes, discuss the events of the weekend, and also enjoy the serenity of the campground.
Enjoy a sausage sizzle brunch supplied by the TJM Sunshine Coast crew. This will allow everyone a more casual pack up before the drive home.
Weekend camping details
- Camping Friday & Saturday night at Neurum Creek Bush Retreat.
- TJM Sunshine Coast has a large area reserved so we can all camp together.
- Please RSVP to TJM Sunshine Coast first, as numbers are limited.
- Then please book your camping with Neurum Creek Bush Retreat, in the TJM area (pay Neurum directly for camping).
Neurum Creek Bush Retreat
268 Rasmussen Road, Neurum (West of Woodford)
Phone: 1300 733 901
- Standard cost for camping is $12.00 per person per night plus $6.00 per child per night for a campsite, there are also powered sites for an extra $8.00 per night.
- Hot showers and toilets are on site.
- Dogs are allowed at Neurum Creek, please obey their rules.
- TJM Sunshine Coast will be there at Neurum Creek on Friday from around 4.00pm.
Register your interest now to avoid disappointment, as numbers are limited to these events.
Registration is required to attend our TJM Sunshine Coast Drive Weekend, cooking competition, or Saturday drive – please contact us today.
The team at TJM Sunshine Coast looks forward to catching up with everyone, thank you all for your support, and hope you have a great fun filled weekend!
- All adults will be required to sign a waiver form to undertake the Saturday 4WD (not just drivers, adult passengers also please) – this is a standard condition to participate in any of our drives/events.
- Children and dogs must be supervised at all times (and please ensure obey Neurum Creek dog rules).
- Photos and videos will be taken throughout the course of the weekend for our marketing purposes. Please let us know in advance if you do not wish to be featured. TJM Sunshine Coast does not sell photos or videos to third parties.
Scenic 4WDs our last Drive Weekend!
Cook up a storm and win some great prizes in our cooking competition!
TJM Sunshine Coast Drive Weekend events are fun and social!
Charity raffle for the RFDS!